Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The twisted tale of John Mikel Obi


In a brilliant bit of investigative journalism, Arlo White managed to track down many of the key figure in the John Obi Mikel transfer saga in a report aired on 5live yesterday.

If, like me, you've found the whole story way too complicated to care about, this report is a fantastic summary, exposing the madness of the situation. Sounds to me like Chelsea have been Grade A shits, but then all parties seem to have been acting amazingly. The story involves death threats, Alex Ferguson bizzarely turning up for a cup of Norweigan tea, fraud, Jo Tessem, and a man called Shittu. Marvelous football scandal.

My favourite bit...
Arlo White: Do you know where you're going after the Nations cup?
Mikel Obi: I dont like to make comments, but inside me i know where i want to go, I think Chelsea.

He clearly knows how to keep his cards close to his chest.

The report really is a must, click here to listen. It lasts about 20mins, and starts after 37mins, so flick through. Do it.

Oh, and you'll need the latest Realplayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo cuz!

I love this site and it has me laughing out loud! Carry on bloggin' my son!

Come on you irons!

D