Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Balls Are 1!


As with most birthdays, i'm a day late with this one, but hey ho. Benji's Balls has been strutting the hallowed touchline of footballing shits and giggles for a year now. To celebrate, here's a collection of of my more inspired moments:

I warned the world off Benni McCarthy
what happened: Blackburn bought him, worked out pretty well

I predicted Kerrea Gilbert and Arturo Lupoli to graduate from the current Arsenal kiddie crop, whilst predicting Fabregas wouldn't make it
what happened: Gilbert on loan at Cardiff, Lupoli off to Derby, Fabregas a God.

I rubbished an Observer article suggesting Brazil would underachieve at the World Cup
What happened: Brazil underachieved

I tipped Carragher to be England's defensive midfield solution (I mean really...)
What happened: Turns out Hargreaves is ace.

I worked out the secret philosophical formula behind international success

What happened: I woke up, and vowed never to blog drunk again.

Many thanks, and do keep tuning in.

Benji 'Nostradamus' Lanyado

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've just reminded me of all the drivel you talk. Probably would stop reading this blog, except for that brilliant occasional journalist you have called Jonny. He's my hero. Happy birthday...

Rhetorical question of the day: On an enormous tangent, U2 have just come on the radio - I just wondered: is Bono the most annoying man to have ever been born?

Anonymous said...

congrats mate keep it up.

blogging that is rather than fortune telling.

Kristopher said...

happy birthday! my RSS reader always comes up with "checking Benji's Balls", never fails to make me smile!

xx